Oracle Provider

May 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Hi guys!

Does Dynamic Sql Generator support Oracle?

Is it planned to be supported? 

I need your wonderful library to help me with Oracle too! Thank you!

May 8, 2011 at 11:00 AM

We'd love to support Oracle, but not at the moment.

It would not take much to extend, and if you felt like having a go then take the MySQL provider as an example and modify the statement builder.
I can provide help and assistance as required 

If you do manage and want to get it included in the library, then send it across.
It's going to be ages before I can do it myself.

May 28, 2011 at 11:25 AM

OK! I think i will try to extend your library to Oracle in its basic features but i need to have some assistance.

If I take MySqlClient as example I have to override virtual methods in DBStatementBuilder, where oracle syntax differs, and that's for sure; but what about SchemaProvider and ImplementationProvider? What should I override?

Could you please provide me generic guidelines on what to do in SchemaProvider and Implementation in order to extend dynaSql to Oracle?

Thank you!

May 28, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Hey 'heartbreaka'

I'll send through some stuff, if you don't need the Schema provider you don't need to implement.

I'll also add you as a contributor to the project.

Kind regards

Richard

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 May 2011, at 11:25, "heartbreaka"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

OK! I think i will try to extend your library to Oracle in its basic features but i need to have some assistance.

If I take MySqlClient as example I have to override virtual methods in DBStatementBuilder, where oracle syntax differs, and that's for sure; but what about SchemaProvider and ImplementationProvider? What should I override?

Could you please provide me generic guidelines on what to do in SchemaProvider and Implementation in order to extend dynaSql to Oracle?

Thank you!